In his first post Josiah mentions 7 rewards of networking. Of course there are way more than 7 but I think his list is an excellent start.
- Reward 1: Networking gets your name out
- Reward 2: Networking can build your reputation
- Reward 3: Networking develops new business ideas
- Reward 4: Networking helps you find joint venture partners
- Reward 5: Networking lets you learn from others
- Reward 6: Networking often makes you a mingling expert
- Reward 7: Networking brings more sales
Without networking I wouldn’t have nearly as much work (if any), I wouldn’t have ever started Random Shapes, and I wouldn’t have the knowledge necessary to work as a web designer.
It’s important to build your business and your skill set but also build relationships. Find groups of people online and offline to network with and don’t be shy. Step out of your comfort zone and meet as many new people as you can.
This is definitely a series I would recommend following even if you aren’t a young entrepreneur because his advice can apply to anyone.
Thanks for the positive feedback, Matt. I’m glad you enjoyed the article, and have experienced the power of networking in your business venture.
Posted by Josiah Mackenzie on Jul 28, 2006.
Good call, networking is something I had avoided for years because I didn’t want to become the cheesie salesman, yet I have recently discovered that you can network without selling your soul.
Posted by Aaron Post on Jul 31, 2006.
I liked what you have to say very positive, but lets see if it can work. Contact me and lets see if we can help each other out.
Posted by Erik on Sep 24, 2006.
Excellent post! I couldn’t of said it better myself!
Posted by Rob Clark on Oct 27, 2006.